Five great reasons why you should hug your plumber, carpenter, electrician, lineman, and other service men and women who know their trade (in honor of National Hug a Plumber Day on April 25).
The last Wednesday of April is officially designated National Hug a Plumber Day, and we think that’s a great time to show some appreciation for the skilled tradespeople that work so hard to make our lives functional. Plumbers, carpenters, electricians, line workers, and other trade workers make everything we do possible. Where would we be without buildings, electricity, and running water? So we thought that April 25 would be a great day for us to say “thank you” to all the hard-working plumbers and other tradespeople out there who keep our lives and businesses running smoothly. Here are our top five reasons for showing your local plumbers (and tradespeople) a little love today— and every day.
- Isn’t it nice to have running water in every building? This is something we tend to take for granted these days, but just imagine for a moment if you had to go collect water for use every day. That’s enough reason right there to hug a plumber!
- No one likes a clogged drain. Hair, grease, food waste, and whatever else goes down the drain can eventually lead to some sticky situations. We are so grateful for the professionals who can get things flowing again.
- Plumbers are highly trained professionals. Plumbers, electricians, carpenters, and more have to go to school, undergo training, pass certifications, and maintain safety standards when they become a professional. It takes dedication to achieve those goals.
- They are there for you in emergencies. Plumbers often work on-call, so they may be spending weekends and nights away from their own families so they can resolve your plumbing emergency. That’s something to be thankful for.
- Plumbers face health risks. Besides the wear and tear on the body from stooping, crawling, and twisting, plumbers are exposed to countless bacteria, fungi, and viruses from dealing with leaks and septic systems.
All of us at KB Staffing want to thank the plumbers and tradespeople out there who contribute so much to our modern lifestyle. We offer lots of Polk County employment opportunities in these trades, and we value the service of these workers. Whether you are looking for a full time temp job or temp-to-hire job, give us a call at 863-875-5721 or submit your application online today