If you are CPR certified, there are several reasons to include it on your resume or mention it during an interview.
Are you CPR certified? If not, certain employers find this a very valuable (and life-saving) skill set to have in an employee, so it’s worth consideration. Even if you don’t plan on becoming a paramedic, CPR knowledge is something that employers see as a plus. At KB Staffing, we know that including it on your resume can increase your value as a potential new hire for a temp job or temp-to-perm job in Polk County.
About Being CPR Certified
There are many reasons to learn CPR. You may have a family member at high risk for a cardiac event, or you may work with high-risk individuals. Knowing CPR empowers you to make a real difference in the event of an emergency. Here are a few facts from the American Heart Association:
- A whopping 70% of Americans wouldn’t know what to do in a cardiac emergency because either they haven’t received CPR training or their training has significantly lapsed.
- More than 359,000 emergency medical-assessed cardiac arrests take place outside of a hospital setting.
- Only 32% of victims of cardiac arrest receive CPR from a bystander.
- Four out of five incidences of cardiac arrest occur at home.
- For every minute that passes without intervention, the chance of survival of cardiac arrest decreases by 7% to 10%.
These statistics are scary, but you can be part of the solution. By taking a CPR certification class, you can literally be the difference between life and death for a loved one, co-worker, or even a stranger. You never know when an emergency situation will arise, so it’s best to be prepared.
CPR certification can definitely be included on your resume. Workplaces are becoming more aware of the importance of this life-saving skill. Some employers may even offer CPR training to their employees. Having an automated external defibrillator (AED) on-site is also becoming more popular. Most CPR training includes instructions on how to use one of these devices.
KB Staffing cares about the health and well-being of all of our employees and clients. We want to see the Polk County workforce ready to tackle any crisis. If you are CPR certified, definitely mention it in your interview. We want to help you find the full time temp jobs or temp-to-hire jobs that value this sort of training. To start your online application with us, create an account today, and get started on the path to your new job.