We know that job searching can be a real challenge. Before you can even think about landing that interview you have to get past the resume gatekeepers. It has to be simple, yet concise, impressive and personalized. Without the right resume, you may never get a call, so it’s important that your resume game is on point.
There’s a lot of advice out there on how to craft the perfect resume, so we’ve gathered some tips that we think will help you get it done right.
- Quantify your accomplishments. This isn’t always easy to do, but if you can talk about actual numbers when it comes to your work achievements, that’s a good way to pass on that important information quickly.
- Use a template. There’s no need to stress yourself out trying to get your margins to come out right or figure out which title font to use. There are plenty of templates available online. Just search for resumes that are appropriate for the field you are in and use a template that appeals to you. Make sure that it looks clean and draws the eye to important highlights.
- Write a custom resume for every job. Take the time to do your research and highlight what skills you have that are most relevant for each job you apply for. A generic resume might not be tailored to what the employer is really looking for.
- Use language from the job posting. As you are customizing your resume for each job, use some of the same words from the job listing in your resume. You know that’s what they’re looking for, so show off that that’s what you are!
- Put the most important facts first. The first time your resume gets looked at it will probably only be a quick 25-second skimming. That’s why you need your biggest feats up front. Don’t let your proudest achievements get buried.
We hope these tips help you as you create your resume. When you’re ready to start putting in applications, be sure to submit one to KB Staffing. We have open positions throughout Polk County, including Lakeland, Winter Haven, Auburndale, and more. Whether you are looking for a full time temp job, temp to hire, or something seasonal, we have the staffing experience to help you find the right position.