On National Talk Like Shakespeare Day, here are some quotes from the famous English author that are both humorous and inspiring for your work week!
April 23 is National Talk Like Shakespeare Day. This fun observance was started in 2009 by the Chicago Shakespeare Theater, but we can all get in on the action with some quotes and quips from the Bard! Born in 1564, William Shakespeare authored roughly 39 plays, 154 sonnets, two narrative poems, and some other verses during his career. In those works, he gave rise to idioms and expressions that are still used today, phrases like “the world is your oyster” and “to be, or not to be.”
We at KB Staffing have gathered some of our favorite quotes from the literary giant to help inspire you.
- “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.” From The Merry Wives of Windsor. Whether you take this one literally or metaphorically, it’s a valid point!
- We love this one from the Fool in King Lear:
“Have more than thou showest,
Speak less than thou knowest,
Lend less than thou owest,
Ride more than thou goest,
Learn more than thou trowest,
Set less than thou throwest.”
- “Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win,
By fearing to attempt.” From Measure for Measure, reminding us of the value of persistence and faith in oneself.
- “There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.” In Hamlet, Shakespeare reminds us of the importance of perspective.
- “Some are born great, others achieve greatness.” From Twelfth Night. Greatness is possible for any of us.
We hope these quotes have given you something to ponder! And remember, whether you are looking for work or looking for employees, KB Staffing is the expert staffing service you need. Central Florida jobs are our specialty, so let us connect you with the right people today.