Here’s a Few Friendly Reminders from All of Us Here at KB Staffing to Stay Safe this Holiday Season
At this time of year, excitement is in the air, and not just at home. Our staffing team and the Central Florida workforce is as busy as ever!
As the pressure mounts to meet deadlines and increase production, there is never a better time to talk about the importance of safety. No one wants their holiday spoiled by an injury. This is true whether you are in a full time temp job, a temp-to-hire job, or a short-term temp job. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to help avoid accidents.
- Get enough rest. Make time for social engagements, but remember your schedule. You don’t want to go into work tired. Fatigue can have disastrous results. Get the sleep you need.
- Indulge in moderation. Take it easy on the holiday cocktails, and never drive impaired.
- Stretch before and after work. Warm up your body before you begin your workday so as to help avoid strains and sprains. After work, take the time to stretch again, to release tension and relax. Your body will thank you.
- Help ensure your teammates are properly trained. There may be an influx of temporary workers at your company. Be a good coworker and help show them the ropes. They are part of your team and you depend on each other to get the job done quickly and safely.
- Communicate with internal resources. If you are having issues, investigate if your employer offers any appropriate assistance to help you. Talk to the human resources manager, or call upon us for HR assistance.
- Plan your budget. Many people spend extra money during this time, so don’t let financial worries consume you. If you’re in need of extra income, consider temporary employment in Central Florida. The demand is great, and it can help offset your holiday expenses.
The holidays should be a fun and uplifting time, so get out there and do the things you enjoy with your loved ones. Just make sure that when you are at work you are focused on the job at hand and don’t take shortcuts.
Here at KB Staffing, our team keeps safety at the top of its list and we hope these reminders are helpful. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at 863-875-5721, or click here.