We all get the same 24 hours per day, but some people get much more done. Here’s how.
Do you ever feel like there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done? Do you often feel overwhelmed, and wonder how some people are able to accomplish so much more in the same amount of time? At KB Staffing, we recognize the importance of productivity. We all have responsibilities to handle at work and at home, and sometimes it can be hard to take care of everything. Therefore, we have gathered a few tips to help you make better use of your time.
Becoming More Productive
There are several strategies you can use to increase your productivity. Here are some of our top recommendations.
- Plan ahead. End each day by preparing for the next. Make a to-do list for work, get your clothes picked out, set yourself up for success by creating a smooth start for each new day.
- Start with the hardest task. Look at your to-do list and decide which task is the worst and do that first. Then it will be out of the way and your day will get easier as you tackle the easier and more enjoyable projects.
- Stop multitasking. For years, people have been priding themselves on their ability to multitask. Science says they’re wrong. Turns out the brain only really has the capacity to focus on one thing at a time, so give each undertaking your full attention until it is done and you can move on to the next.
- Never touch things twice. Once you’ve started something, finish it before moving on. Putting things on hold is a great way to get bogged down with multiple unfinished tasks. If you open an email, respond to it immediately. If you check your voicemail, take care of those calls immediately.
- Take time off. Give yourself adequate time to rest and recharge. When you do step away from your duties, cut yourself off completely. Forward your calls and emails if possible, just remove yourself from your daily grind for a bit so you can relax and return rejuvenated and ready to give it your all again.
Let KB Staffing Handle Some Tasks
Whether you are looking for work or looking for employees, KB Staffing can help. We are an expert staffing service in Polk County and we excel at putting highly qualified candidates in Central Florida jobs. Call us at (863) 875-5721 to learn what we can do for you.