An article recently published in The Ledger included a quotation from the Executive Vice President of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, who stated “some people don’t want to be a full-time employee. They want contract work.” But at the same many “are hoping that the contract work will ultimately lead them into a full-time position.” More on two sides of this scenario – the employer’s and the employee’s angles a little later, but first let’s take a closer look at Polk County to get a better idea of the employment and hiring situation.
The geographical location of Polk County, according to the Polk County website places it smack dab in the center of Florida, which is a natural magnet for many people as well as conveniently located for many businesses. This gives it one of the largest concentrations of population in the southeast. The Central Florida Development Council was formed in 1985 to diversify the economy through job creation in all industries as part of an attempt to improve the standard of living for local citizens. As a result of their efforts, and the fact that Polk County’s central location combined with the large Florida marketplace has successfully attracted numerous manufacturers and distribution centers.
Here are some facts about the Polk County Workforce:
- Employers often find it less expensive to hire contract workers.
- Employers value their time, and prefer to let the experts do the handling of the pre-hiring tasks that are necessary to find the right employee for the job.
- Using an expert staffing service takes the guesswork out of locating the worker with the right skills.
- Employees benefit more when they are matched with a suitable employer.
- Many employees, including baby boomers who are retiring from their full-time jobs are anxious to find temp jobs, or contract jobs where their valuable skills and experience can contribute to a company’s needs.
Find out more about how KB Staffing can help find the right employee for your business, or help you find the right employer that needs your skills. Contact us today!