Put your best foot forward and avoid these interview no-nos!
Interviewing for a new job can be tough! That being said, there are definitely some things you should avoid doing during an interview with a potential new employer. At KB Staffing, want to see you make a good first impression, so we strongly advise against any of these interview faux pas.
What NOT To Do
- Don’t play with your phone! This means don’t take any calls, reply to texts, or check your social media. It will all be there after the interview. In fact, go ahead and put your phone on “silent” for the duration of the interview.
- Don’t bring extra people to your interview! It should go without saying that if you are being interviewed for a position, the company is interested in YOUR skills and what YOU bring to the table. Recruiters have reported interviewees bringing parents, children, even friends to interviews. Don’t be one of those people.
- Don’t eat or chew gum during an interview. No one wants to watch you chew while waiting for you to answer a question. It’s just rude and unprofessional.
- Don’t use inappropriate language – even as a joke! You don’t know what the company’s culture is like yet and how well it will be received. Chances are, it won’t go over well.
- Don’t show up unprepared. Do your research ahead of time. Be familiar with the position they are hiring for and what the qualifications are. Learn about the company and the people who work there. Show that you are interested and eager to be hired on.
- Don’t show up intoxicated! It’s crazy that we even have to say it, but people have done it. We know that interviews can be stressful, but that doesn’t make it okay to come in under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
When you are ready to get back in the working world, or change careers, give KB Staffing a call. We are an expert staffing service ready to help you find a position that is right for you. We have numerous temp-to-hire jobs and full time temp jobs that need filled now, so come in and get started today.