At KB Staffing, we do our best to keep the Polk County workforce employed in the Central Florida economy, even when economic conditions aren’t the best. We know a lot of people are worried about the layoffs that have become more common lately, and many are concerned about a possible recession. We have some tips to help you stay employed during hard times.
Becoming a Recession-Proof Employee
A looming recession can cause anxiety for many people, so at KB Staffing, we offer the following strategies for remaining gainfully employed despite uncertain economic conditions.
- Hone your skills. Take any opportunity to develop your professional skills, especially those that are transferrable to other industries. The more you can do for an employer, the more valuable an employee you are.
- Be a leader. Even if you’re not in a management position, you can demonstrate leadership capabilities by being a great team player, encouraging those around you, and always going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Motivate yourself. Don’t wait for an invitation to excel! Volunteer for those extra hours or tedious projects that no one else wants to do. Do whatever it takes to get the job done right.
- Self-discipline. Be impeccable at fulfilling your obligations. Be punctual, conscientious, and detail-oriented.
- Communicate. Refine your communication skills, both your verbal skills and written skills. Make sure every email, text, and conversation conveys your aptitude with words and phrasing.
- Consider safe industries. Some industries will always need workers, no matter what the economic conditions are — think health care, emergency responders, and utility workers. Are you interested in any of those career fields?
KB Staffing Keeps You Busy
Our last tip is this: complete an application and submit your resume to KB Staffing. We’ll keep you up-to-date on what Polk County employment opportunities are available, so you don’t have to make a full-time job out of looking for work. Put our staffing experience to work for you today!