As a hiring manager you know that screening, interviewing, and vetting candidates can be a long and challenging process. You also know that single (or even multiple) interviews can’t guarantee that a great looking candidate on paper, will perform well on the job.
Temp-to-Hire Can Eliminate the Risk of a Bad Hire
Hiring the wrong person can be extremely costly when considering all the factors: unemployment expenses, lost productivity, not to mention the hard costs on conducting another round of hiring. So, it’s extremely important that when you do make that full-time hiring commitment, you have complete confidence in the employee and know for a fact that they will perform well on the job.
However, the only real way to know if they will perform well on the job, is to have them perform the job! That’s where temp-to-hire staffing solutions come into play. Here’s how it works:
- You define the job requirements. Just like with any position, you define the job requirements including the skills, experience and background needed to be successful in the position. And, if you need help developing a job description we can help.
- Partner with a qualified staffing solutions provider. Search for a partner that frequently fills the types of positions you are trying to fill. Ask for referrals and do your homework. And remember, cheaper isn’t always better!
- Interview the “cream of the crop” candidates. A true staffing partner will handle the resume screening, testing and initial interviews. All you have to do is interview the top tier candidates to determine which ones best fit your organization.
- Test drive the employee. This is where the temp-to-hire option really pays off. Once you have hand selected an employee, they are brought in on a temporary basis so you can evaluate the person on the job.
- Hire only top-performers. Once the employee has excelled in their temporary role, you have the option to convert that person from a temporary employee to your payroll.
- Eliminate bad hires. By vetting the candidate on-the-job, you’re able to eliminate bad hires and ensure the candidate that looked great on paper, performs well on the job.
Test drive your next hire.
Are you ready to make smarter hiring decisions? At KB Staffing we can help. We offer a wide range of staffing solutions to fit your company’s hiring needs and we have over 15 years of experience in providing reliable temporary personnel to businesses in the Lakeland, Plant City, and surrounding areas. Contact us today to learn more.